J.D. Visiting Students
Thank you for your interest in applying to Villanova University School of Law as a visiting non-matriculated student. Villanova accepts non-matriculated students for a year or a semester depending on an applicant's situation. Applicants applying to visit for the academic year typically begin their studies in the fall. However, in certain circumstances applicants may be allowed to begin in the spring semester. As a non-matriculated student you will not receive a class rank or be eligible for any honors or awards.
The following information should assist you in the application process:
- The law school you are currently attending must be ABA-accredited. As a visiting non-matriculated student, credits taken at Villanova will be applied to the degree requirements of your current law school, and the degree will be awarded by that school.
Apply Online - The Admissions Office requires online applications. Applicants must complete all sections of the application. Should you require access to a PDF or a hard-copy of our application, please contact the Admissions Office at 610-519-7010.
- The $75, non-refundable application fee can only be paid online by credit card.
- To visit in the fall or for the full academic year, applications can be submitted beginning April 1, 2013, but prior to July 1, 2013.
If you wish to visit for the spring semester only, application must be submitted no later than November 1, 2012.
- You will also need to submit a statement outlining the specific circumstances involved in your wishing to attend Villanova University School of Law as a non-matriculated student.
- You are required to send a copy of your resume.
- An official transcript from your current law school is required. At a minimum, this transcript will include all law school grades to date.
- You must also supply a letter from the appropriate dean at your school indicating that you are currently in good academic standing and eligible to continue your studies. This letter should state that you have permission to attend Villanova University School of Law as a visiting non-matriculating student, that you will be awarded credit for courses taken at Villanova School of Law, and what academic conditions, if any, will apply to you while attending Villanova School of Law. This letter should also indicate that there are no disciplinary actions either pending or expected to be brought against you.
- Any supplemental materials, i.e. Letters of Recommendation, should be sent as PDF attachments to email@example.com.
Transcripts and Dean's certification letters may be mailed to the Admissions Office.
Non-matriculated students are required to pay all applicable Villanova University School of Law fees and tuition. Financial Aid will be handled through your law school.
You will be informed by mail in late July/early August 2013 of the decision on your application.