Conquering the Corporate Ladder
From start-up to merger and acquisition to sale, legal issues punctuate the life of a business. Villanova University School of Law (VLS) provides students with an interdisciplinary approach to business law, equipping you to succeed in a market that demands both legal and business skills. Through experiential learning and professional development, VLS assures that you have the legal, practical and ethical skills necessary to advise and represent businesses in an increasingly complex environment.
VLS alumni such as Doug Gaston ’92 (pictured with VLS student Spencer Curtis ’13) continue to achieve remarkable success as leaders in corporate law. Today, Gaston is the Senior Vice President and General Counsel for Comcast Cable, the country's leading entertainment and communications company. In this position, he serves as Comcast’s principal legal advisor and directs a team of attorneys and legal specialists who provide day to day support to the company’s operating departments.
Other VLS graduates conquering the corporate world include:
- Lon R. Greenberg ’75, CEO and Chairman, UGI Corporation (Fortune 500 Company)
- Michael R. Haswell ‘97, Head of Business Development, Google
- Michael Holston ’89, Executive Vice President and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Merck Co., Inc.
- Jeffrey A. Pott ’90, General Counsel of AstraZeneca in London
- Joseph T. Sebastianelli ’71, President and CEO, Jefferson Health Systems
- Rozanna Tesler Fried ‘03, Senior Counsel, Legal Affairs (Theatrical Productions), Twentieth Century Fox
- Paul A. Tufano ’86, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Independence Blue Cross