Community Unites in Support
More than 300 members of the Law School community came together for a reception hosted by Dean John Y. Gotanda to show support for current law students. The “Community United” event provided an opportunity for students to meet with alumni, faculty, staff, and friends in a social setting, make connections and discuss individual career interests. Participants included:
- Gordon Cooney ‘84, managing partner of Morgan Lewis’s Philadelphia Office
- Pennsylvania State Representative Greg Vitali ’81
- Madame Justice Sandra Schultz Newman ‘72, the first woman to serve on the Pennsylvania Supreme Court; U.S. District Court Judges The Honorable Juan Sanchez and The Honorable Berle Schiller; Chief Judge of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware The Honorable Kevin Carey ‘79; U.S. Magistrate Judge The Honorable Elizabeth Hey ‘89, and Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Judge Gary Glazer.
- Charles Widger ‘73, CEO of Brinker Capital Inc.
- Kathleen ‘81 and Tom Wilkinson ‘81, respectively slated to serve as chancellor and president of the Philadelphia and Pennsylvania Bar Associations, and
- Sara Woods ‘00, executive director of Philadelphia’s Volunteers for the Indigent Program
Board of Consultors Member Kathleen Shay ‘77, partner of Duane Morris LLP and Villanova Law Alumni Association President Beth Naples ’94, partner of Kelly Monaco & Naples, said a few words on behalf of the Board and alumni.